Thursday, October 1, 2015

IT CAME FROM THE BACKLOG



IT CAME FROM THE BACKLOG 
10/01/2015

 "Backlog: generally refers to an accumulation over time of work waiting to be done or orders to be fulfilled."
 
            Between Games with Gold, Playstation Plus free games, and Steam sales, it is easy to grow a huge backlog of games these days without even realizing it. I’m not going to lie, I am guilty of buying games for five dollars with no real intention of playing them, then letting them sit for years with nothing more than a “Eh, I’ll get to it one day.” Well you know what I say to that? NO LONGER! NO LONGER WILL FREE GAMES SIT UNAPPRECIATED! NO LONGER WILL THE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN CHIPPED AWAY FROM ME GO TO WASTE ON GAMES I WILL NEVER PLAY! THAT ENDS NOW!


            Well now that I clearly have you all amped up with that sweet speech, let’s get into the ground rules. First, I will give every game at least two hours total before quitting or rendering a judgement on it. Second, I will play at minimum one game per week and post about my experience with the game every Friday. They won’t be traditional reviews with a score or anything like that. It will mostly be observations, stories, funny experiences I come across, and in game pictures I take. And finally, if anybody wants to recommend the next game to play on the list, it will take priority over what I planned in my head to go next. You guys are the ones that have to read this ridiculous thing, the least I can do is give you some ounce of control over it. Now onto the list, and it is one hell of a list…

Backlog Games


Xbox 360:
Alice: Madness Returns                                          
Beyond Good and Evil HD
Borderlands 2
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Charlie Murder
Deadlight
DmC Devil May Cry
Dungeon Defenders
Dust: An Elysian Tail
El Shaddai
Eternal Sonata
GTA San Andreas HD 
Halo: Reach
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Lara Croft: Guardians of Light
Mark of the Ninja
Mass Effect 3: DLC
Monaco
Portal: Still Alive
Rock of Ages
Runner 2
Shadow Complex
Shank 2


Playstation 4:
Apotheon
Broken Age
Costume Quest 2
Don’t Starve
Ether One
Far Cry 4
Fez
Grim Fandango
Grow Home
Home
Infamous: First Light
Journey
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros
Never Alone
Oddworld: Abe’s ODDysee
Rayman Legends
Rogue Legacy
Secret Ponchos
Skulls of the Shogun
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
Styx: Master of Shadows
Super Ultra Time Force
The Swapper
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Transistor
Uncharted 1,2,3 (Nathan Drake Collection)
Valiant Hearts: The Great War


I’m not sure if I will ever truly complete “the list”. Between free games and cheap deals it seems to be an almost impossible feat. But I’ll be damned if I’m not going to try. The first game will be Mark of the Ninja, and the post will go up Wednesday, October 7th. Come back every Wednesday after that to see what new game I’m stumbling through as we cross off this list together, one game at a time…..for the next couple of years.

-Rory

3 comments:

  1. Don't starve first then Alice second. DMC third, Franswa has spoken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't starve first then Alice second. DMC third, Franswa has spoken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark of the Ninja is first. But then I'll do Alice, and save Don't Starve for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete